our adventures in backyard farming and gaining a little self sufficiency....

Sunday, May 15, 2011

We have Blueberries (and a few other random thoughts)!!


Aren't they beautiful?  The blueberries have been getting ripe over the last 2 days..this is what I got this morning...yum.....




and little strawberries..they are plants from last year that did not do so well..I have been calling these "chicken strawberries"   because they are so small and the chickens love them!


We have two little limes on the key lime tree...tiny and cute...


Tomatoes! 


Can you see the baby Zucchini?


I spent some time weeding this morning.  Robert helped me and we weeded quietly while Sam & Zoe played in the yard.  It was surprisingly calming.  We both sat there weeding away and Robert tells me that just like the weeding today, when we get bees next year we will have to be calm and deliberate when working with them.  Is he trying to prepare me ahead of time or what?  I am terrified of bees, and I think he is scared that I will get stung due to a freak out.  I do want to face my fear and not have the twins scared of bees like me.  We will see when the time comes I guess.   I am determined to turn my backyard into someting wonderful, and bees are a must...


No comments:

Post a Comment