our adventures in backyard farming and gaining a little self sufficiency....

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Long time, no post!!


Wow it's been a year since I last wrote anything for the blog.  I figured I would start by showing some pictures of what's going on and growing around our little urban farm right now! 
Here is a shot of the big garden next to the greenhouse in the back yard
Here's the greenhouse:
We are growing lots this year! Here are our winter squash and watermelon beds in the front yard:
Baby butternut and acorn squash:
We have been harvesting a few squash, zucchini, and cucumber already!


Baby peppers are coming and tomatoes are growing well:


And some happy chicken faces, hoping for a treat!

I am so pleased that our garden is doing well so far!  I just finished the Master Gardener Class and will be certified next year after I complete my volunteer hours. Olski's Heirloom Nursery will have plants for sale every Saturday through the first week in October at Carolina Beach Farmers Market, so feel free to stop by, ask questions, and buy some awesome plants to get your garden growing!

Until next time, 
Meredith 

No comments:

Post a Comment